Thursday, October 18, 2012

Help for One Who Is Suffering

Today my sister would have been 64 years old, if she had not taken her life a few years ago.

If you are suffering deeply and seemingly endlessly, or know someone who is, please feel free to share this post with them.

"When you feel you can't go on, call a Suicide Hotline 1-800-784-2433 or 1-800-273-8255." Crisis counselors are waiting for your call. How could it possibly help? Call to find out. Or click here for more resources.

Your life is precious and valuable, no matter how it might feel at the moment. Please and thank you.

Blessings and peace...

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sandra, so sorry about your sister. I've spent most of my career as a psychiatric RN. I know the pain suicides cause families. I pray you can get peace in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kuby, Thanks for taking the time to write your very nice note. You're right that suicide causes pain in families. I have experienced much healing in my heart through the years, and I am filled with gratitude. I posted this as a remembrance of her on her birthday and to get the word out (one more small voice...) that help is available and also that suicide is a topic that should be brought out into the open and talked about. In your work, you must see a lot of suffering. What a blessing I'm sure you have been, not just to your patients, but also to their families. Thanks again for your note.

      Delete