Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Bit of Customer Service Correspondence

I'm making progress on my skirt, at about the same pace as this easy-peasy lemon-squeezy question I've been going back and forth about regarding my food processor:

Me to C********
Date: July 17
My C******** food processor is in need of repair. Please let me know of any local authorized repair centers so that I can take it in for repair.
Thanks! 
{my name}
{address}
{email address}
{home phone}



C******* to me
Date: July 20
Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. What is wrong with your machine? Based on the information you have provided, we need the model number, serial number and the color of the unit. The model and serial number can be found on the bottom of your unit.  Please reply, with history, to this email, providing us with the required information so we can further assist you. If you prefer, we welcome you to call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-726-**** with this information.  Please keep in mind the Customer Service Agent will not have access to your e-mail information. The hours of operation are 7 AM -11 PM EST Monday through Friday and 9 AM - 5:30 PM on Saturdays and Sundays, excluding major holidays.


Sincerely,
{employee first name}




Me to C********
Date: July 22
Model #: DFP-11
Serial #: I did not see a serial #.
Color: Off-white

Problem: The bowl locks onto the base with no problem. However, the cover, the piece that fits onto the base, doesn't completely close/lock. As a result, the machine does not work.

I'm not sure why you need all this information just to let me know of any authorized repair centers in western New York, but I have answered your questions.

I look forward to hearing from you -- I have some carrots to grate! :)

Thank you,
{name}



C******** to me
Date: July 23
Thank you for responding with the required information. Unfortunately the serial number you gave is invalid. The serial number is a 5 digit number possibly followed by a letter or two engraved into the bottom of the unit. Please find the engraved number. Please look on the bottom of the original work bowl, there should be a part number. What is that part number?

If you have any further questions please reply, with history, to this email. We welcome you to call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-726-****. The hours of operation are 7 AM -11 PM EST Monday through Friday and 9 AM - 5:30 PM on Saturdays and Sundays, excluding major holidays. Please keep in mind the Customer Service Agent will not have access to your e-mail information.


Sincerely,
{employee first name}




Me to C********
Date: July 23
Hello,
The number that is engraved on the bottom of the base is 60701 K. (It didn't indicate that it was a serial number, but your telling me that it is a 5-digit number helped.)
The part number that is on the bottom of the original work bowl is DLC-865AGTX.

I look forward to your response to my original question.
Thank you,
{name}
{address}



C******** to me
Date: July 25
Valued Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Do you by chance have a proof of purchase (wedding registry, gift receipt, bank statement, credit card statement, or sales receipt) to show that the unit is less than 3 years old? If so, please attach it to this email in JPG/PNG format. Please reply, with history, to this email. We invite you to call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-726-****. Please keep in mind the Customer Service Agent will not have access to your e-mail information. The hours of operation are 7 AM -11 PM EST Monday through Friday and 9 AM - 5:30 PM on Saturdays and Sundays, excluding major holidays.


Sincerely,
{employee first name}




Me to C********
Date: July 25
Hello again, C******** Customer Service,
This was a wedding gift purchased for us almost 18 years ago.

I don't understand why my first question still hasn't been answered, that is, Please let me know of any local authorized repair centers so that I can take it in for repair.

We've gone back and forth, with you requesting one or two items of information, and me replying each time with the information you have asked for. Then two days later, a reply from you asking for another piece of information.

I've never said or suggested or implied that I want to send it to you in the mail or that I think it is still under warranty.

Once again: Please let me know of any local authorized repair centers so that I can take it in for repair.

Thank you,
{my name}
{address}
{email address}

What can I say? Stay tuned!
Blessings and peace..

19 comments:

  1. Isn't it so frustrating not to be able to get a simple answer to a simple question!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I think it was more amusing than frustrating. If it had been something I needed.right.now, I'd have been frustrated. Frustrated enough to pick up the phone and call them! Thanks for your {um, what's the word} kindness.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Linda, for your kindness. If it had been something I needed.right.away, I'd have called them. It was more amusing than frustrating; I was beginning to wonder if I would *ever* get an answer!

      Delete
  2. If you'd use the real name of the company and post this to Facebook as well as your blog, they may pick it up.

    There is something about them seeing their craziness in real life that gets them to act. And many companies monitor social media to see if and what people are saying about them.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MaryMary86 (or is it just Mary),
      Thanks for your suggestion. The company name is Cuisinart. I'm not on Facebook (I know... I deactivated my account a year ago), and I miss keeping up with friends but don't miss the political extremes. Really people, do you think that something you post on FB is going to change someone's mind? Okay, off my soapbox. Mary, I'm going to keep this in mind, knowing how easy it would be to activate my FB account. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. It's not funny, but yes it is...this should be interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judi, It was getting to almost funny, wasn't it! Good resolution posted today. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
    2. So blogspot only posts replies that I have copied, ready to paste when I get a 303 error message. Hmmm. Okay. Thanks, Judi, it's nice to hear from you. It was getting to funny, almost there. Update post today.

      Delete
  4. Geez! It's not like you are asking them to repair it, you only want to know where you can take it to get repaired. You are probably in touch with a call center located who knows where. Life is just not so simple anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I *know*!!! I wasn't asking for the moon and stars, was I? It was probably someone who knew how to copy and paste template text rather than actually read my emails to them.

      Delete
  5. UGH....frustrating for me just reading...I cant even imagine how you feel! Sorry you are having to go through this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Remembering..OZ,
      Will you tell me about your name some time? It came to a good end. I shared it with my husband after I posted it to my blog. He just shook his head. :)

      Delete
  6. Unfortunately the trend these days is to replace instead of repair. I did a quick google search and found that replacement parts are available to buy, but the only repair option I found is Geek Squad at Best Buy. Here's a link: http://www.geeksquad.com/services/appliances/small-appliance-repair.aspx/
    They're not an authorized Cuisinart repair facility, but Best Buy does sell the Cuisinart line, so it might be worth checking out. I'd ask for a free estimate on repair. I have no connection to any of the above; I just enjoy doing this kind of thing. : ) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Libby, Thanks so much for working as my detective! We have a Best Buy close to here; I hadn't thought of them. I'll remember it for the future, though. My food processor is almost 18 years old, so I might need to replace another part.

      Delete
  7. That's a riot. It must be very frustarating though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, actually, I was laughing by the second or third email. I thought, "This is too good to keep to myself." I definitely would have been frustrated if it was something I really needed right away. Thanks for your commiseration (sp).

      Delete
  8. So if the bowl lid is the problem, can you just buy another bowl lid? Did it ever work OK? You can probably buy an entire used bowl and lid on Ebay now that you have the serial numbers and model numbers.It is funny only to a point and then it is just plain annoying...poor you...just wanting to make cold slaw or chop carrots and this happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs. Mole, Well, you have a lot more experience with frustration than I do. It got to be amusing. And when I did hear back and learned that I could buy a replacement work bowl from them, I did a quick comparison and learned that I could get it from Amazon for much less. I never thought of ebay. And now I'm *not* going to let myself check and see how much more I could have saved. LOL

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness! That is maddening... I'm dealing with a similar situation right now with a defective baby stroller... sometimes customer "service" is a bit of a misnomer ;)
    I tried to go back and comment on your post about blocking, but it didn't allow for new comments :( But I'm writing here to let you know that my first dish cloths and pot holders ever are blocked and drying. Thanks for the tips! - Theresa B.

    ReplyDelete

In the "Comment as" drop-down box, you can choose Name/URL and then enter your name (first name is enough) and you don't have to include a URL. I have disabled comments from Anonymous because of too much sp@m. Please let me know if you have any questions about this; thanks. You know I want to make it as easy as possible to hear from you!