Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Slip and Fall and more

Oh brother. Small stuff, I know. But still...
1. I slipped and fell on what I thought was slush; didn't realize there was ice under it, at the inside part of the entranceway of a large chain drugstore (begins with W) the other day. Landed on my right hip and elbow. Cashier saw it happen. Reported to mgr. W's claims adjuster called me the next day. Sending me papers to complete and return.

Especially because of my concern about possible stability effects on the titanium I have in my spine, I saw my dr. Time will tell.

Anybody have experience with a slip and fall? Feel free to send me an email or leave a comment here. Thanks!

2. I am under the weather for the third time this year -- and it's only the middle of February. nothing big or scary, yes, I'm grateful, but it's annoying to lose time over and over again.

3. Yes, I have been sewing! I've made two tote bags and 5 or 6 dressy purses. And more in the pipeline. Photos to come.

4. I had the most fun teaching sewing to a seven-year-old girl, now that she has an American Girl doll.  She made pants and her older sister made a skirt, all for the doll. Three of her sisters (one older and two younger) were "involved" too. I could fall down the "sewing for American Girl dolls" rabbit hole.

5. When I'm under the weather, I can meander around Pinterest, creating new boards, pinning this and that. I don't know how to add Pinterest to my blog but that doesn't keep me from enjoying it.

Blessings and peace...

6 comments:

  1. YIKES! Sorry sorry you have been under the weather more than your fair share AND that you took a fall. I do hope you recover completely from that mishap. It's good that you have been doing some sewing. I haven't been doing as much as I'd like, but that how real life works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thanks so much for your note (tea and sympathy). There sure are a lot of things that keep us away from our sewing. I think I'll spend a little of this nonsewing time visiting blogs (sewing related, natch).

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I wish I didn't know how you feel. I fell and broke my tail bone in the fall . It was not fun. I caused more issues sitting in a strange way to avoid pain. Take care of yourself and take advantage of the down time. Hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thanks for your note. Ah yes, the old "one thing leads to another" idea. And oh dear, breaking your tail bone? I hope that you have experienced full restoration by now. Sometimes healing takes longer than we think it should. And thanks for your good wishes.

      Delete
  3. I thought about you this past Tuesday when I grabbed my art supply bag as I ran out the door to my class. I use the lovely little bag you gave me to store some of my art supplies. So happy to hear that it's not worse than it is. Hope you are back to your usual busy self again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda, It's so nice to hear from you; thanks for stopping by. I am currently (well, until this week) on a purse-making jag. It's all about the zippers. I think that one of my resolutions for this year is to overcome my anxiety about zippers! I think of you and pray you're doing well, including your Daniel Fast.

      Delete

In the "Comment as" drop-down box, you can choose Name/URL and then enter your name (first name is enough) and you don't have to include a URL. I have disabled comments from Anonymous because of too much sp@m. Please let me know if you have any questions about this; thanks. You know I want to make it as easy as possible to hear from you!